The London Coffee Festival… A whole latte fun!

Posted by: Nicole


This was my first visit to the London Coffee Festival and despite reading about all of the exciting stands and goings-on that were due to take place, nothing quite prepared me for the sheer buzz and excitement surrounding the event

Now in its seventh year, this year’s London Coffee Festival ran from the 07 – 10 April and I was lucky enough to attend on the Friday (the second trade day), to support the client’s we had exhibiting and to arrange press interviews on their stands.

Held at the Old Truman Brewery in Brick Lane, the quirky venue certainly seemed the perfect place to house such a hip, well-known event. As I entered the doors the first thing that hit me was an array of marvellous aromas, as well as the excitement and hustle and bustle of fellow visitors.


As someone who enjoys the occasional caffeine fix, but tends to play it safe with either a black coffee or a Café au lait, I would hardly describe myself as a coffee aficionado but I went with an open mind, fully committed to discovering more.

What really surprised me was the sheer volume of stands and products, all of which had a link to coffee, from the obvious selections of coffee beans and syrups to some of the fashion and artwork on display as part of the Coffee art project; which included a selection of paintings, sculptures, photography and conceptual art, all created by artists with a serious passion for coffee.

Split into different areas, ‘The Lab’ section, gave a chance to learn about the science behind creating perfect coffee concoctions, whilst ‘Rachel’s Organic Milk Bar’ showcased live latte art demonstrations from Baristas from the South West’s largest Independent roaster, Wogan Coffee; there really was something to appeal to all tastes.

Perhaps the thing I was most impressed by was some of the latte art I got to see being created first- hand, and for the more adventurous there was even a chance to get more hands-on and have a go yourself!


And, for those extra passionate coffee lover/foodies there was even a whole area of the festival dedicated to Coffee and Food pairing.

With an upbeat soundtrack playing throughout the day which added to the sheer buzz of the event, the London Coffee Festival was a hive of excitement and ideas.  I will certainly be putting my name down to attend next year!

Comments